Remember how I used to struggle with tab abuse? That’s when I would keep 25 or more browser tabs open at the same time. I don’t any more (well, not as much) because I have a few tricks up my sleeve. One of them is called Instapaper.
Using Evernote & Outlook to combat my urge to keep every tab open works well, and while adding another method might seem like having third wheel, it really isn’t. In fact, I might end up using Instapaper only. Whaydaya think about them apples? ;)
Here’s why I like it:
1. It’s easy to use.
2. I can e-mail articles directly to Instapaper.
3. I can add the article name, URL, a summary…and they are stored in the order they are received…or sent…you know what I mean.
4. There’s an iPhone app. Is there anybody who doesn’t have a biz app? (Yes – me. =/)
5. It will give me just one way of controlling my tab addiction. One = simple.
6. It’s free! There’s no cost and it’s simple and easy to use. What’s not to love?
7. It’s got a cool name that makes sense. =)
8. I was hoping to come up with an 8th reason because I prefer even numbers (can you say O-C-D?). ;)
Just like anything else, you do have to keep it under control and weed out the articles you’ve already read. Piece of cake. More good news: I actually read more now…must be something about the interface. I suppose that could be reason #8. =)
Do you use Instapaper? Does it stop you from allowing your browser tabs to take over?