Today is a holiday for those of us in the United States. We’re taking a break, too, here at OTR, so we’ve decided to share a few links to several articles that we find interesting…and that you might, too.
- Yard Art Gone Wild [HGTV.com]. Bears, frogs, tigers, gnomes, fairies, alligators, owls, dalmatians, hens, and others live together in this homeowner’s front yard…at the same time.
- Paint by Mood: How Different Hues Affect You [ShelterPop.com]. Did you know that certain colors can affect how you feel? …and even how productive you are?
- The Real Consequences of Office Clutter [Inc.com]. We know that a cluttered workspace can make us less productive, but can it lead to unprofessional behavior, too? Check out the study done by Office Depot and NAPO.
- Cluttered Fridge Doors, Cluttered Lives [NYTimes.com]. Does the clutter on your fridge door really indicate what the rest of your home looks like? Survey says…yes.
- Seven Steps to a Good Night’s Sleep [OpenSpacesFengShui.com]. A lack of sleep can lead to stress which can get you off track and allow for the build up of mental and physical clutter. This article offers tips to help you have a better relationship with your pillow. I was especially surprised by tip #1…mirrors…
- 6 Desktop Apps for Better Focus & Organization [OpenForum.com]. If you’re a techie, this article is for you. One of my favorite apps is mentioned – Evernote.