I’m taking a sabbatical and have lined up a few posts ahead of time. I’ll also be re-sharing some of my fave OTR articles and introducing you to new guest authors as well as other interesting info while I’m away. Enjoy today’s 5 minute organizing challenge!
It’s time for a new 5 Minute Organizing Challenge! What can you do in 5 minutes to gain a little order in your life? You can put a few things back in place or gather your important items. Here’s a new set of five things for you to consider adding to your routine this month. Try them on for size and feel free to suggest a few of your own.
1. If you celebrate Christmas (or any holiday that you have to put stuff up), you should start thinking about when you’ll be taking down your holiday decor. Pick a date and write it on your calendar.
2. You might also want to start enlisting some help, especially if you have lots of ornaments and holiday thingies to put away. Write those names on the calendar as well.
3. Too much stuff? Grab a box and write “DONATE” on it. Then, put in the decorations AND gifts that you really don’t want. You’ll be glad you did (plus it saves a trip to the store to return them, right?). Helping someone else (or several someone elses) is a good thing — no matter what time of year it is.
4. You know what’s next, right? Yep, those holiday cards. Are you keeping all of them? Even the ones that just have a signature…with no touching words? Recycle the ones you don’t want and store the rest in a greeting card organizer.
5. And, finally, go pack your lunch for work! You can’t let all those left overs go to waste, can you? =) You could also string a few 5 minutes sessions together and even work on cleaning out the fridge.