It’s time for a new 5 Minute Organizing Challenge! What can you do in 5 minutes to gain a little order in your life? You can put a few things back in place or gather your important items. Here’s a new set of five things for you to consider adding to your routine this month. Try them on for size and feel free to suggest a few of your own.
Maintaining a home office can be tricky since work and personal papers can get mixed together along with a few household items. But, there are a few quick things you can do right now, in a just a few short minutes, to start getting things in order.
1. Put away 5 files.
2. Put all the papers on your desk in a neat pile.
3. Take 5 non-office items off your desk (e.g., coffee mugs, shopping bags, magazines, clothing, etc.)
4. Throw away pens and markers that don’t work.
5. Separate personal papers from business documents — start with one handful
6. *Bonus Tip* Start a to do list!