In the interest of full disclosure, we’d like you to know how we do things around here. There are also a few tidbits that the FTC thinks you ought to know, not in an Alanis Morrisette kind of way, but in a “just in case you didn’t know, now you know, even though it might have been kinda obvious” kinda way. Don’t worry, we’ll point out those moments to you.
Information We Share
Organize to Revitalize! (OTR), the official blog of D. Allison Lee Professional Organizers, shares a variety of information related to getting organized, being more productive, and giving clutter the old heave ho.
• We talk to busy people and share their successes and struggles with staying on top of things. By doing so, we hope that you’ll pick up a nugget or two, or at the very least, realize that you are not alone in your desire to be more orderly.
• You may see interviews with companies who make the claim that their product/service will make your life easier and more organized. We ask them to tell us why. Sometimes we test them out ourselves and tell you what we think.
• We share “green” tips on how to reduce, reuse, and recyle. When we find local community shred or electronics recycling events, we share that, too.
• We welcome and jump in on the battle of paper vs. tech. We are also very interested in hoarding and overshopping. You’ll definitely see articles on both topics.
• You may notice some opinionated commentary. Yep, we have opinions and we share them. We welcome yours, too.
• There are lots of easy to read, quick tips – things that just about any DIYer can handle.
• We like quotes and organizing statistics. We think you might, too. They can be very interesting and motivating…so can our “before and after” pictures.
• Oh, one more thing – we sometimes share information that’s “just for fun.” =)
Before & After Photos
You may see “before and after” photos of work we’ve done with clients. We post our clients’ pictures with their written consent only and they are in no way identified. You will never see a photo accompanied by: “Here’s ‘s kitchen. Looks horrible, doesn’t it? Check out the fabulous after!” Nope. Never.
ALERT! This is an FTC “you oughta know” moment. On a few occasions, companies have sent us their product for free to review and share information about. We will always let you know that how we got an item and be honest in our appraisal of it – after first testing it ourselves. To date, we have not been paid to blog about products or services. Sometimes, we buy products on our own and give them away for others to test and share feedback on. We have been known to just give something away because we think it’s great.
We have affiliate relationships with several companies, including The Container Store, Target, and Amazon.com, to name a few. They offer products, services, books, and magazines we believe will help our readers reclaim their space, make their lives flow more smoothly, and/or just simply help them get more information on a particular topic. We recommend quality products from these companies and should you purchase them by clicking on a link on our blog, we will get a small commission.
Affiliate links can be found on the right sidebar of our blog and are often included in blog posts. This disclaimer is intended to let you know that OTR will benefit in some way from our affiliate relationships. Oh, btw >>> ALERT! This is an FTC “you oughta know” moment.
• Guest Articles. Articles will not be published if they contain inappropriate language or if they are deemed to be harmful, unethical, plagiarized, a poor fit for the readers of the blog, or otherwise objectionable.
• Blog Content. Articles published on Organize to Revitalize! are the property of the blog and blog owner. Articles may be reprinted only if credit is given to the blog and author.