When you write your to do list, are you rushing? Are you furiously writing things down on the day that you need to get them done? Try doing things a little differently and write your to do list every night instead.
Give yourself a few minutes to:
1. Pat yourself on the back for all you accomplished
2. Write down the items you didn’t get to
3. Add new items (not too many) that you need to focus on
4. Estimate how long you will need to work on each task (write it down, too)
5. Think about who you can delegate to or get help from
Doing these steps the evening before gives you time to think and plan in a calm, focused way. It gives you control of your time and how you spend it. You’ll start your day already prepared and will be able to get begin working on your list without having to figure out what you need to do.