*This contest is closed.
I love getting new products to review, and this month, I’ve received two to test out. Today’s review is brought to you by Rubbermaid. And, by that, I mean they sent me one of their newest products free of cost* so I could have a closer look. I know, awesome, right?
Confession: I’ve known about this product since April 2011 where it made its debut at the NAPO 2011 Annual Conference. I fell in love with the Rubbermaid Bento™ boxes but was sworn to secrecy (as were the other seven hundred or so attendees) since it wasn’t on the market yet. Well, now I get to not only tell you about them, but you can get in on the action, too.
We’re hosting a giveaway (yes, there are rules – scroll down) which means that you will get a chance to win a set of Bento boxes. But, first, my thoughts…
What I Like
Colors. I really like all the colors, especially Paprika. It’s bold and vibrant but if you want subdued, Bento also comes in two lighter shades, Chadwick (checkered khaki) and Loose Linen (light khaki).
• Nest When Not in Use. The boxes nest inside each other (kinda like their Easy Find Lids food storage system). Did you notice that the boxes also stack? This is a fabulous way to store your stuff and make use of vertical space.
• Divide Up Your Stuff. What you may not have seen are the flex dividers inside each Bento. The dividers are really the star of the show. They let you store your items together nicely in one box. Sometimes you just don’t want your stuff to mingle. Muddies things up a bit. These dividers solve that problem easily.
• Durable. Another plus – Besides having a great texture, they’re pretty tough. They’re not flimsy so no worries about them falling apart…and each box has four little feet underneath. Nice finishing touch. I love it when companies pay attention to details.
• Multiple Uses. And, just when you thought it couldn’t get any better, there’s another fabulous feature. The Bento Toppers can be used as a stand alone product or simply to cover your boxes.
The boxes also come in a variety of sizes for just about everything you have in your home or office. Try out the small boxes for hair accessories and see how well your file folders fit in the larger ones.
Green. The Bentos are CARB-certified MDF covered in durable polyester fabric. I didn’t know exactly what that meant, so I turned to my friend Google and found this and this. What I did understand: Rubbermaid is following the rules and that’s a good thing.
What Would Have Made Them Perfect
• More Colors. This is a new product so I’m sure more colors are coming soon. I’m thinking some kid friendly hues would be great.
• Odor. There is a slight odor when you first open the package. My nose is super sensitive these days, and though it’s not unusual for your olfactory sensors light up when you open new products, my nose really wasn’t very fond of the whiff it got. Good news: the smell doesn’t last very long.
Ok, so on to the really good stuff! Here’s how you can enter to win your very own Bentos.
1. Subscribe to our blog by entering your e-mail address (see the upper right side of page – “Enter Your Email Address” and click “Submit”) or via RSS feed (see upper right side of page – click icon under Twitter bird)
2. Leave a comment on how the Bento boxes would help you rock being organized. How would you use them? *See below for bonus entry option.
3. Contest ends on November 14, 2011 @ 11:59 pm.
4. One winner will be selected randomly.
5. Winner will be notified via e-mail (don’t forget to leave your e-mail addy!) and must claim prize within 48 hours. Otherwise, a new winner will be chosen.
6. Finish this sentence on our Facebook wall: “I need Rubbermaid Bento Boxes in my life because __________________.”
*Disclosure: We don’t give positive reviews for anything we do not believe in, and we’re always honest in our appraisal. Our content was not edited or directed in any way by Rubbermaid nor were we compensated for this review.