Having trouble reading your favorite web pages? Quit squinting or pressing your nose on your laptop screen. The font size won’t get any bigger and you’ll look a little silly (unless silly is what you’re going for). If you use Chrome, you can easily adjust the size of the text by clicking on the settings icon (the wrench on upper right side of screen) and increasing or decreasing the zoom (5th option on the menu).
Or, you can let your keyboard help you out. Use these simple shortcuts to increase or decrease the text on your screen (Thanks, Gina Shreck!).
Increase: Ctrl + (control plus)
1. Open your favorite website
2. Hold down the “ctrl” and “+” keys
Decrease: Ctrl – (control dash)
1. Want to reduce the font size?
2. Hold down the “ctrl” and “-” keys
Default: Ctrl 0 (control zero)
1. Ready to go back to your original or default text size?
2. Hold down the “ctrl” and “0″ keys
That’s it. Really. Simple. Give it shot.