You’ve heard it before – if you want to reduce your stress, you have to make some changes. You need to unplug and give Facebook a break. Put your phone down. Exercise more. Yadda yadda yadda.
Well, it’s all true, so here are 5 quick ways to get more stress-busting activities in your day.
1. Breathe! When we get stressed, we sometimes take more shallow breaths. So, throughout your day, take note of your breathing and make sure you’re taking deep breaths. Your brain will thank you.
2. Get a Pedometer. Did you know that you should be taking 10,000 steps per day? Get a pedometer to help you figure out how much you’re walking and motivate you to add more steps daily (like taking the stairs instead of the elevator and walking to restroom furthest from you when at work).
3. Dance. Or Sing. Or play your favorite music. One three minute song can instantly lift your mood and shove stress out the door.
4. Make a List. So, this might not sound like fun, but a list can help you gain better control of the things you need and want to do. You can write as many things down as you’d like, but focus on just one (or two) things that you’ll tackle…or pass on to someone else.
5. Talk to Yourself. Sounds strange, I know, but you can talk yourself through a stressful situation. You can turn it upside down and look at it from a different point of view…a more “glass half full” perspective and remind yourself that you get to start fresh tomorrow.
What do you do kick stress in the arse?