Last Friday, I attended the the GrowSmartBiz Conference sponsored by the Washington Business Journal & Network Solutions. It was a great day jam packed with superb content and many networking opportunities.
I really liked that the conference organizers structured the sessions according to four specific tracks. This made it easy to either choose all sessions in particular track or go a la carte.
Track 1: Marketing & Innovation
Track 2: Government, Small Business Finance and Non-profit
Track 3: Technology as a Tool for Your Business
Track 4: Entrepreneur Boot Camp
Care to guess which track I focused on? Technology is my friend, so how could I pass up the chance to learn more? I heard from many presenters that mobility and how small businesses make use of mobile apps has a big impact on their productivity and efficiency.
The session that I picked up a few new nuggets was the AT&T presentation on small business mobile apps. This is not intended to be an AT&T commercial, so if you’re not one of their customers, find out if your service provider has similar apps.
“Mobile apps are a speedy way to manage sales.” ~@MobileAppGuy
Mobile apps that will make you look like a rock star
- AprivaPay. On the road a lot visiting clients? Take payments anywhere. Use AprivaPay to conduct credit card transactions via your mobile phone. This app works both in and out of wireless areas. Optional items: card reader and printer.
- ProntoForms. Eliminate paper in the field & data entry while at the office. This app allows you to create and push any form to mobile device. This app works both in and out of wireless coverage area.
- Voicemail to Text. Did you know that 70% of calls go to voicemail? We can all probably agree that this is not great customer service. With voicemail to text, you can read messages as soon as they are delivered.
- Nice Office. Use this app to track client interactions, i.e., every phone call, e-mail, text, or visit via smart phone. You’ll have the advantage of better reporting along with remote storage and online back up of your data.
- Code Scanner. This is a free mobile app that lets you easily scan 2D (QR and datamatrix codes) and 1D (UPC and EAN) barcodes found in magazines, stores, and online. Use it to deliver digital coupons to your clients.
To see more small business mobile apps that AT&T offers, visit http://att.com/smart.
“Mobility is very important. Embrace mobile tech solutions.” ~@ramonray
Here’s to the 2011 GrowSmartBiz Conference
This was my first time attending the the GrowSmartBiz conference. I had loads of fun and learned a few new things. That’s always a nice combo, isn’t it? Many thanks to the Social Media Swami and OTR friend, Shashi Bellamkonda, for putting on such a fantastic event. If you’re a small biz owner, GrowSmartBiz 2011 must be on your calendar. You won’t want to miss it!